Friday, March 18, 2005

Chicago & Lake Michigan & um...strawberries

I am just so in love with life!! How could it get any better? I am filled with a deep abiding love of God and His many creations-one of them being Lake Michigan. Could anything be more beautiful than that extraordinary lake?
My friend Janet and I rode the train in to Chicago on Wednesday. Whether it's the first or the hundredth time, it is a magnificent journey riding the train in. Town after quaint town greets our gazing eyes as we roll towards the big city. There's Naperville, Lisle, Hinsdale, LaGrange, all so lovely with their downtowns snuggled oh so close to the depots! They are vibrant towns with unique shopping and restaurants. They are filled with the sounds and sights of LIFE! And the architecture!! Janet and I both love discovering all the details. We were both amazed at a Water Works facility in Riverside that was being restored. Unbelievable!!
Now, you're not going to believe this but it was doubly fun for me to go to Union Station this time because Janet had NEVER seen the splendorous main lobby there, so I got to experience her euphoria when her eyes met the columns, along with so many other exquisite appointments fit for majesty. That was FUN!!
Then it was on to the Italian Village. What a wonderful restaurant, decades old and so rich in history. If only their walls could talk. It has to rank as one of my all time favorite restaurants with its romantic ambiance and delicious dishes. There we shared some Tilapia and dipped their delicious homemade bread in olive oil and yummy parmesan. My sweet son turned me on to the IV. Thank you, Daniel!
Our primary destination Wednesday was Navy Pier for the Flower and Garden Show. And of course we walked from Navy Pier so as not to miss a thing from Union Station to the Pier. What fun! And as we strolled down Grand Avenue I got so excited to see the park (forgot its name) that borders Lake Michigan on the North side of the pier. What a beautiful threshold to the lake. I am just so excited!! It hearkened me back to the many strolls I have had along the lakefront. Twenty miles of blissful trails!! It is just so incredible! I simply can't wait to walk and ride my bike there SOON!
When we left the show for our walk back to Union Station, we were awed by the skyline. There truly is NO town like Chicago. It is amazing. And oh so clean! Thank you Mayor Daley!
Can't wait for summertime Saturday nights and the magnificent fireworks at the pier.
I'm hungry now so I think I will have the huge strawberries I bought at Sam's Club last night, with bananas and sprinkles of that texturey sugar! Yum! Then it's back to work. I love my job and my life! Thank you God!!
May your day be filled with love and joy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're awesome! I love you!!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why are you shopping at Sam's Club? Huh? Costco rocks! Down with Sam!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home